Thursday, November 19, 2009

A REAL adventure!

Hey all!
Just sitting at an internet cafe in BArcelona right now...wanted to give you an update!
We spent a couple of beautiful days in Prague. I love the city, I want to go back. We spent our days with Chris, an old friend from Eagan who is in the Marines and I haven´t seen for a very long time. He showed us the city and we had a real, authentic Czech time. We saw the Pilsner Urquell brewery in Plzen, which, though the biggest brewery I have toured, was also one of the coolest. We saw part of the 9km of underground cellars that tunnel under the factory. I am also grateful to more fully understand all of my friends who are stationed around the world serving in the military. Interesting lives, for sure. So, we left Prague on their celebration of independence (20 years free from Soviet rule) and took a night train into Germany. Thus began our real adventure...We took a detour in Bern, Switzerland yesterday and got to enjoy the beautiful city and stop at Einstein´s house (which we learned he only lived in for 2 years...). We also saw another astronomical clock (which we also saw in Prague). Due to some train reservation issues, we ended up taking a detour to Milan! We had just enough time to devour gelato and explore the area around the train station. It seems that if you arent up for shopping in Milan, you should try another Italian city. From Milan we took the night train to Barcelona, where we just took a break after visiting Gaudi´s Sagrada de Familia. The church is massive and unbelievably gorgeous. We are exploring the rest of the day before we hop on a night boat to visit Emily in Mallorca! We are looking forward to the rest of our travels and I will keep you updated as I can!
Adios!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you took pictures in Prague! I would love to visit there one day.

    ReplyDelete